JAKARTA, Sketsa.id — In his first public appearance in over a week, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Thursday (June 26, 2025) declared victory in the 12-day war with Israel, delivering a stern warning to the United States over its involvement in the conflict.
The 86-year-old cleric addressed the nation through a pre-recorded video aired on state television, speaking from a concealed indoor location framed by the Iranian flag and a portrait of his predecessor, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
“The Islamic Republic has slapped America in the face,” Khamenei said, referring to Tehran’s missile attack on a U.S. military base in Qatar earlier this week — a response to the U.S. bombing of Iran’s nuclear facilities.
In his speech, Khamenei warned Washington that any future American aggression would be met with force. He specifically threatened U.S. military bases across the Middle East, asserting that Iran maintains the ability and readiness to strike back when needed.
“This is not a minor incident. The fact that we can reach American centers in the region and act when necessary is significant — and it could happen again,” he declared.
The escalation began when the U.S. joined the conflict, following what Tehran described as a major missile success in breaching Israel’s layered missile defense. According to Khamenei, the U.S. intervention was not out of principle but to save Israel from collapse.
“America entered the war not to achieve a strategic objective, but simply to rescue the Zionist regime from destruction,” Khamenei said.
Earlier in the week, U.S. President Donald Trump confirmed that 30,000-pound bombs had been used to target Iran’s nuclear sites, claiming they had “eliminated” the Islamic Republic’s nuclear ambitions. But this claim reportedly contradicts assessments from U.S. intelligence officials, sources told the media.
Despite Trump’s assertion, Khamenei dismissed the strikes as ineffective:
“The United States gained nothing. They hit our nuclear sites, but accomplished nothing of real value,” he said, calling Trump’s moves a “desperate show.”
Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also declared “historic victory” after the fragile ceasefire took effect on Tuesday (June 24, 2025). He claimed Israel had achieved its goal of neutralizing Tehran’s missile and nuclear threats.
Shortly after Khamenei’s broadcast, Netanyahu posted a photo of himself and Trump holding hands, with a bold caption:
“We will continue to stand united against our shared enemies.” (*)









